JUDITH B. ANDERSON
P.O. Box 26088 | Richmond, Virginia 23260
h (804) 353-7650| c (804) 363-6479
- Self-employed artist, 2001 - present. Judith Anderson Art
- Attorney, civil litigation. Assistant Attorney General, Commonwealth of Virginia, 1993 -2001; McGuire, Woods, Battle & Boothe, 1984-1992.
- News Reporter, Talk Show Host, and Anchor. Nashville, 1978 - 1982; Greenville, S.C., 1976 - 1978.
- High School English Teacher. Tallahassee, Florida, 1967-1968; Greenville, South Carolina, 1973-1976.
- AB. '65, Oberlin College; M.A. '73, Furman University; J.D. '84, Vanderbilt University
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. Classes and workshops with John Morgan, Joan Elliott, Steven Glass, Ann Chenowith, Marjorie Perrin, Laura Pharis, Eleanor Rufty
- Hand Workshop (now the Visual Arts Center, Richmond, VA.). Classes with S. Bechtel Shepherd and Albert Epshteyn
- Nimrod Summer Workshops (1991- present). Teachers: John Morgan, Polly Dixon, Joan Elliott, Dorothy Lampl, Rosalie White, Sara Linda Poly.
- Solo Shows: Main Library, Richmond, VA. (2007); Avery & Powers Gallery, Avalon, NJ (2006); Artspace, "Album Series" (2004), "Explorations" (1994), "Pentameron" (1998); Sycamore House, Harrisonburg, VA (2000)
- Group Shows (selected): Artspace member shows, annual Nimrod Shows
- Juried Shows (selected): National Women's Exhibiton - Impact Gallery, Buffalo, NY (2005); VMRC Show - Harrisonburg, VA (2005)
- Works and commissions portraits in private collections in Avalon, NJ; Buffalo, NY; Memphis, TN, Plymouth, NH; Portland, OR, Richmond, VA, N. Topsail Beach, NC, among others.
- Artspace Member (1992- present); Avery & Powers Gallery, Avalon, NJ (2005 - present)